INTO Excellence Awards 2022
We are delighted to announce that applications for our 2022 Excellence Awards are now open!
The purpose of this programme is to celebrate the very best of our member organisations’ work across four broad categories and to mark their achievement with a ceremony during our conference in Dundee in October 2022.
You can find out more about INTO Dundee 2022 here.
Rules for Awards
- All applications are to be completed in English.
- Applications must be submitted by 1 August 2022.
- All organisations must be a member of INTO in good standing.
- No organisation will receive more than one (1) Award.
- Applicants are asked not to discuss the Awards with any individual member of the judging panel.
- By applying for the INTO Excellence Awards, the applicant agrees it will be represented at the Awards ceremony during the INTO Congress in Dundee if selected as an Award recipient.
The Awards celebrate the very best of our member organisations' work around the world, often undertaken amid difficult circumstances and without seeking glory or acclaim but just trying to look after our global heritage for future generations.
Open to All: Submissions for the ‘Open to All’ Award should demonstrate the organisation’s success in enhancing community engagement across different cultures and increasing access to heritage, dialogue and understanding, and embracing the idea of ‘For everyone forever’.
Open Spaces: Submissions to the Open Spaces Award should demonstrate best practice in the management, protection or acquisition of natural heritage.
Open for Business: This Award will be presented to the INTO member organisation which has developed innovative approaches to the business of running a heritage trust, such as increasing and maintaining membership, fundraising or visitor services.
Opening Minds: The recipient of the ‘Opening Minds’ Award shall have demonstrated success in training, education or advocacy involving its employees, volunteers, community members or stakeholders to ensure the continued relevance of the organisation’s work.
Applications will close on 1 August 2022. General eligibility requirements are below.